FIFA has accepted 12 Filipino referees to be part of the FIFA 2018 Refereeing International Lists.
The FIFA Refereeing International Lists is a global list of football referees under FIFA. Members of the FIFA referee list are qualified to officiate in the international level.
Previously, the Philippines had 11 officials in the list. However, the list was increased by the appointment of Jhesa Mae Kaatz as Women’s Referee.
Also appointed to the list are new FIFA Assistant Referees Francis Engalgado, who hails from Iloilo and Giovanni Lachica, who is from Bacolod. Engalgado, Lachica, and Kaatz will be available to officiate in the international level starting 2018.
PFF general secretary Atty. Edwin Gastanes hailed the appointment of the 12 referees to the FIFA Referee Lists.
“We would like to congratulate all 12 Filipino referees, who are nominated by PFF and have been included in the FIFA 2018 Refereeing International Lists,” said Gastanes. “Their acceptance to the list should serve as inspiration to other young and promising Filipino football referees, who aspire to be a FIFA referee in the future.”
FIFA 2018 Refereeing List:
- Clifford Daypuyat – FIFA Referee (since 2014)
- Steve Supresencia – FIFA Referee (since 2011)
- Linjun Talaver – FIFA Referee (since 2016)
- Relly Balila – FIFA Assistant Referee (since 2015)
- Francis Engalgado – FIFA Assistant Referee (NEW)
- Kent Gobuyan – FIFA Assistant Referee (since 2012)
- Giovanni Lachica – FIFA Assistant Referee (NEW)
- Krizmark Nañola – FIFA Assistant Refree (since 2017)
- Rey Ritaga – FIFA Futsal Referee (since 2006)
- Emmanuel Elloso – FIFA Futsal Referee (since 2014)
- Jhesa Mae Kaatz – FIFA Women’s Referee (NEW)
- Merlo Albano – FIFA Women’s Assistant Referee (since 2012)