As the country continues to mitigate the effects of the COVID–19 pandemic, the Philippine Football Federation (PFF) piloted the conducting of online development courses beginning with the PFL Online Referees Refresher Course 2020 for Luzon.
The Referees Refresher Course, which was held from 8-10 August 2020, was the first PFF technical development course to be conducted via videoconferencing. 21 PFF Referees and Assistant Referees and 4 PFF Referee Assessors based in Luzon, who are all eligible to officiate in Philippines Football League brought to you by Qatar Airways (PFL) matches, attended the 3-day online course. PFF Referees Department Head Mr. Edwin Alobin and Mr. Allan Martinez were the instructors for the course.
The refresher course provided the Referees and Assistant Referees with the necessary knowledge in preparation for the eventual start of the PFL 2020 season.
The topics ranged from the latest amendments to the Laws of the Game (LOTG), Positioning & Reading, Penalty Area Incidents, Handball, Tactical Challenges, and Offside. Situational videos were provided, and group sessions were conducted to facilitate the learning of the participants.
The PFL Referees Refresher Course will also be conducted in Visayas and Mindanao within the coming weeks. PFF also plans to conduct the PFF Coaching Diploma Courses in the future.
“The PFL Referees Refresher Course 2020 is the first of many online courses that PFF will conduct,” said PFF general secretary Atty. Edwin Gastanes. “Despite the ongoing pandemic, PFF will not stop from continuing the development of coaches, referees, and other officials through these online courses which will hone their knowledge in preparation to the return of football in the country.”
- Clifford Daypuyat – FIFA / AFC Elite Referee
- Krizmark Nañola – FIFA / AFC Elite Assistant Referee
- Relly Balila – FIFA Assistant Referee
- Jan Dlanor Initan – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Kaybee Nañola – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Meliton Pelayo – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Michael Barajas – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Mick Jon Pineda – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Nelson Alobin – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Oliver Moreno – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Rafael Abuan – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Ricardo Dela Cruz – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Rodney Leyble – PFF Category 1 Referee
- Aldous Mirafuentes II – PFF Category 1 Assistant Referee
- Francisco Himpisao – PFF Category 1 Assistant Referee
- Paul Galicia – PFF Category 1 Assistant Referee
- Raymart Delos Santos – PFF Category 1 Assistant Referee
- Ryan Clores – PFF Category 1 Assistant Referee
- Fidel Dela Cruz – PFF Category 2 Referee
- Jhon Paul Ecarma – PFF Category 2 Referee
- Angelo Pagkalinawan, Jr. – PFF Category 2 Assistant Referee
- Ariel Montaña – PFF Referee Assessor
- Claro Palomo – PFF Referee Assessor
- Gerardo Andres – PFF Referee Assessor
- Roberto Hernandez – PFF Referee Assessor