In recognition of his outstanding contributions to the sport, locally and internationally, Filipino football legend Paulino Alcantara will be enshrined to the Philippine Sports Hall of Fame.
Born in Iloilo, Paulino Alcantara put the Philippines on the map with a Silver Medal finish in the 1917 Far Eastern Championship Games and his exploits for FC Barcelona, where his record haul of 369 goals stood for almost a century.
He is one out of the 10 Filipino sports heroes, the first from the sport of football, that will be honored during the Enshrinement Ceremony. The sporting heroes to be enshrined are the following:
- Mr. Paulino Alcantara – Football
- Mr. Eric Buhain – Swimming
- Mr. Dionisio Calvo – Coach – Basketball and Football
- Ms. Arianne Cerdena – Bowling
- Mr. Robert Jaworski – Basketball
- Ms. Gertrudes Lozada – Swimming
- Ms. Elma Muros-Posadas – Athletics
- Mr. Rogelio Onofre – Athletics
- Mr. Leopoldo Serrantes – Boxing
- Mr. Roel Velasco – Boxing
PFF invites all football fans and stakeholders to watch the television broadcast of the 4th Enshrinement Ceremony of the Philippine Sports Hall of Fame on Sunday 18 July 2021 at 7:00 PM live on PTV-4. The delayed telecast of the ceremony will be shown on the Philippine Sports Commission Facebook and YouTube channels.