The Philippine Men’s National Team’s preparation for both the AFF Suzuki Cup 2018 and the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 continues this October with the Bangabandhu Gold Cup International Football Tournament 2018.
The competition is organized by the Bangladesh Football Federation and will be held from 1-12 October 2018. The Philippines will face host Bangladesh and Laos in Group B. The other group comprises of Nepal, Palestine, and Tajikistan.
The Philippines will first face Laos on 3 October followed by Bangladesh on 5 October. Both matches will be held at the Sylhet Zila Stadium in Sylhet, Bangladesh. The top two teams at the end of the group stage will advance to the knockout stages.
Team head coach is Scott Cooper and assisted by coaches Andres Gonzales and Randolfo Clarino.
21 players have been called up for the tournament. The team left for Bangladesh last Friday 28 September 2018.
- Louie Michael CASAS – Goalkeeper – Global Cebu FC
- Eduard SACAPANO – Goalkeeper – Ceres Negros FC
- Nathanael Ace VILLANUEVA – Goalkeeper – Kaya FC Iloilo
- Amani Manuel AGUINALDO – Defender – Ceres Negros FC
- Jerry BARBASO – Defender – Ceres Negros FC
- Julian Mariano CLARINO – Defender – Davao Aguilas FC
- Anton Edward DEL ROSARIO – Defender – Global Cebu FC
- Jordan Blair JARVIS – Defender – Global Cebu FC
- Alvin Ken SARMIENTO – Defender – Global Cebu FC
- Nathanael Andrew ALQUIROS – Midfielder – Stallion Laguna FC
- Marvin Janwer ANGELES – Midfielder – Global Cebu FC
- Marwin Janver ANGELES – Midfielder – Kaya FC Iloilo
- Kenshiro Michael DANIELS – Midfielder – Unattached
- Angel GUIRADO – Midfielder – Negiri Sembilan FA (Malaysia)
- Angelo MARASIGAN – Midfielder- Global Cebu FC
- Hikaru MINEGISHI – Midfielder – Pattaya United (Thailand)
- Paolo SALENGA – Midfielder – Davao Aguilas FC
- Fitch Johnson Davis ARBOLEDA – Forward – Stallion Laguna FC
- Misagh BAHADORAN – Forward – Perak FA (Malaysia)
- Jovin BEDIC – Forward – Kaya FC Iloilo
- Javier Augustine GAYOSO – Ateneo de Manila University