The Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Referees Committee accepted the Philippine Football Federation’s (PFF) nomination of 12 referees to the FIFA 2021 Refereeing International List.
FIFA annually publishes the global list of match officials who are eligible to officiate in international matches. The list is valid for one calendar year.
Referee Meliton Pelayo of Iloilo FA is the latest inclusion in the FIFA 2021 Refereeing List. He was appointed as one of the match officials during the Philippines Football League 2020 season which was conducted in a bubble format.
The FIFA 2021 Refereeing International List is as follows:
- Clifford Daypuyat – Zamboanga del Norte – Dipolog RFA (since 2014)
- Jhesa Mae Kaatz (Women’s Referee) – Iloilo FA (since 2018)
- Meliton Pelayo – Iloilo FA (New)
- Steve Suprecencia – Iloilo FA (since 2011)
FIFA Assistant Referees:
- Merlo Albano (Women’s Assistant Referee) – Davao-South RFA (since 2012)
- Relly Balila – FA of Rizal (since 2015)
- Francis Engalgado – Iloilo FA (since 2018)
- Kent Gobuyan – Iloilo FA (since 2012)
- Giovanni Lachica – Negros Occidental FA (since 2018)
- Krizmark Nañola – Quezon – Batangas RFA (since 2017)
FIFA Futsal Referees:
- Emmanuel Elloso – Iloilo FA (since 2014)
- Rey Ritaga (since 2006)
PFF officials hailed the confirmation of the Filipino FIFA match officials.
“We congratulate the 12 referees and assistant referees who have been accepted to the FIFA Refereeing List of 2021,” said PFF president Mariano Araneta. “We wish them all the best in their future assignments in both domestic and international competitions.”
“Even during these testing times, PFF has never wavered in the continuous development of quality match officials,” added PFF general secretary Atty. Edwin Gastanes. “We hope that the match officials continue to uphold integrity in every match they officiate in.”